Ductless Heat Pumps
- For homes without ducts, air-source heat pumps are also available in a ductless version
- Easily installed as a new primary heat source for electrically heated homes
- They require only a 3-inch opening in the wall or ceiling
- Installation is as simple as mounting the indoor and outdoor units, connecting the refrigerant lines, and making a few electrical connections
- Save Energy & Money: Install a ductless Heat Pump and use 25% to 50% less energy to heat your home.
- Have a More Comfortable Home: An ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air throughout the room(s) eliminating hot and cold spots.
- Low-Cost Easy Installation: Installation is quick, simple and inexpensive, which means little or no disruption to your home.
- Get Air Conditioning: Systems come standard with air conditioning, so you can get rid of those window units!
- Get a loan to help pay for this upgrade: If you qualify, Flathead Electric will provide 3% fixed interest financing to help you upgrade!
- Rebates: Check out the table below to determine your rebate.
You can potentially qualify for rebates if you:
- Have a single-family home with permanently installed electric resistance heat as the primary heating system
- Find a preferred installer from our approved installer list
A qualifying home cannot:
- Have an oil/propane/gas/wood/pellet furnace
- Have a ducted air source heat pump
How Much Will My Rebate Be?
|If You Have…||Your Rebate Will Be…|
|Electric resistance heat (e.g. baseboards, cadet heaters) as your primary heat source||$800|
|Electric forced air furnace||$800|
|An existing ducted air source heat pump||$0|
|Any non-electric furnace||$0|
|Ductless heat pump||$0|
|Ground source heat pump (upgrade)||$0|
|New construction||New construction is not eligible.|
Questions? Call Us First!
Your Energy Advisors are here to help. Give us a call if you have questions on this web form or any of the qualifications for rebates.
Apply for a Rebate
Complete the following form to apply for your rebate. Note: if the homeowner and account holder are different parties, both must be available to e-sign this rebate form.
Prefer a paper copy of this form? Heat Pump Rebate Form (PDF)