What To Do During an Outage
After you’ve verified that your outage has been reported, please keep phone lines open for all members affected by the outage. We know that being without power is inconvenient and frustrating, and we assure you that one call is all you need to make. Flathead Electric Cooperative (FEC) will work around the clock, if necessary, to restore your service as quickly as possible.
During a Power Outage
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Disconnect major appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or using power-dependent medical devices.
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.
- Check on neighbors.