As hard as we work to keep power reliable, storms and power outages are a reality of living in Northwest Montana. Having a backup plan in place in case of a prolonged power outage should also be a reality for those of us who live here.
Your Co-op understands the sense of urgency experienced during an outage, but it’s not always feasible for crews to respond immediately to every area impacted, so please be prepared. Consider the following questions:
- Do you need a backup power source? Visit our Backup & Standby Generators page for information on backup power systems.
- Do you have extra water? Is it stored where it won’t freeze?
- Do you have flashlights and batteries?
- Do you have a backup heat source?
- Do you have a plan to keep pipes from freezing during winter outages and food from spoiling during summer outages?
- Do you have provisions for the needs of your animals?
- Do you have someone in your home who is dependent on life support equipment? Visit our Life Support page for information on life-support equipment.