Outages: Be Prepared
Life Support Equipment : Is someone in your home is dependent on life-support equipment? please do not wait until an outage to notify us, CALL US NOW @ 406-751-4483. and we will give your residence priority when services are reconnected. For your safety and comfort we also suggest that you have a stand-by generator available as a precautionary measure (please be mindful of safe standby generator procedures).
Scheduled Outages – FEC will occasionally need to schedule a planned outage in order to complete maintenance or repair work on the power lines. We will make every effort to notify you when time permits.
Flathead Electric Power Outage Guidelines:
- Check your fuses or breakers.
- Check the breaker below your meter.
- If the electricity is still out, call your neighbors to see if they have electricity.
- Call Flathead Electric Cooperative at 751-4449 or 800-406-0762 anytime day or night.
When you report an outage, please be prepared to supply us with the phone number of the outage location. This 10-digit telephone number (including area code) is the key piece of information that instantly links to our system mapping database, letting us know exactly where the outage is located.
- If you know what caused the outage, please describe it to us (for example: “Car hit the power pole”, “Tree branch fell onto the power line”, etc.). to help us save time restoring your power.
- Keep lines open for all members affected by the outage. We know that being without power is inconvenient and frustrating and we assure you that one call is all you need to make. The FEC will work around the clock, if necessary, to restore your service as quickly as possible.
- While the electricity is off, keep the refrigerator and freezer closed. Food can keep for at least 24 hours in these appliances. If the outage should ever last longer than that, arrange to store your food at another location. Please unplug any major appliances (TV, microwave, etc.) to make sure there isn’t any damage when the power is restored.