Board of Trustees District #3 Vacancy
The Flathead Electric Board of Trustees is accepting applications for a representative from District #3 to fill a vacancy on the Board. The appointed representative will serve until the Cooperative’s next annual meeting in 2024, at which time a Trustee from District #3 will be elected by the members. Online applications are being accepted through October 6.
- Is a member of the Cooperative and is not otherwise disqualified
- Maintains primary residence within the district which he or she represents; and
- Is a natural person.
District 3 encompasses Whitefish and Big Mountain. Review the FEC District Map.
- The member has been an employee of the Cooperative for any length of time within the immediately preceding seven (7) years;
- The member or a member of his or her immediate family is, or becomes, an employee of the Cooperative;
- The member Trustee fails to attend two (2) monthly meetings of the Board in a calendar year without approval of the Board;
- A conflict of interest exists which includes but is not limited to situations in which the Board candidate or member:
- Is employed by, is an agent of, or is an immediate family member of an employee or agent of the Cooperative;
- Is employed by or materially affiliated with any other Trustee;
- Regularly and directly competes with the Cooperative or any entity that the Cooperative controls or in which the Cooperative owns a majority interest;
- Owns an interest greater than 10% or holds a management position in a business wherein more than ten percent (10%) of the goods or services sold are sold to the Cooperative or one of its subsidiaries, or a combination thereof.
- The member or trustee has been declared incapacitated or of unsound mind by a final order of the court;
- The member or trustee has been convicted of a felony;
- The member has an immediate family member who is currently serving as a trustee.
Interested parties should carefully review the following FEC Board Policies to ensure they can meet the expectations of serving as an FEC Trustee:
FEC Trustees must be willing and able to give the time to prepare for and attend monthly and other meetings of the Board; state, regional, and national association meetings; and Trustee training and education. The following sample calendar outlines the typical annual commitments of a Trustee. This list is not all-inclusive, but is intended to give an idea of the schedule:
Each FEC Trustee is expected to attain their Credentialed Cooperative Director Certificate (CCD) within 18 months of being elected.
According to Board Policy, a Selection Committee consisting of three Trustees and three members-at-large from District #3 will make recommendations to the Board on an appointed representative from the submitted applications.
- Applications must be submitted online by October 6 at 5:00 p.m.
Interviews will take place during the timeframe of October 23 to November 7.
- The final decision and appointment will be made no later than November 16.
How to Apply
Complete the online application by October 6 at 5 p.m. to be considered for the position.Apply Now
Questions? Contact our Executive Assistant: