Expect a text message from your Co-op this spring, opting you in to automatic outage communications!
Nobody likes being in the dark, especially during a power outage. That’s why our new outage communication tools put real-time information directly into your hands.
Over the last few years, you’ve answered our surveys, stopped by our offices, and called to let us know what you want from your Co-op’s website. Over and over, you’ve said: text ME automatically and tell me what to expect when outages occur!
We heard you loud and clear and are launching a new website with enhanced outage communication tools. Your favorite mobile device will especially love these changes, which include automated outage text messaging to cell phone numbers associated with member accounts.
“I would definitely rather be automatically notified of an outage than have to sign up on the outage map every time,” said member Dawn Rauscher. “I’m super excited that the Co-op will text me when my power goes out and tell me what to expect.”
In the coming weeks, if your cell phone number is already on file with the Co-op, you’ll receive a text message letting you know that you’re now opted-in to automatic outage text messaging.
We think you’ll want to stay opted-in to automatic outage texts because:
- Outage text messages are specific to YOUR electric service.
- Your Co-op will provide you with automatic outage information updates as they’re available.
- You might not be able to sign up for automatic outage text messaging in the middle of an outage, depending on what time of day it happens and how many members are impacted – make sure your contact information is up-to-date now!
If you decide down the road that you want to opt out of automatic outage text messaging, you can do so by replying STOP to any Co-op message at any time.
If your cell phone number is not already on file with the Co-op and you want to receive automatic outage messaging, please update your cell phone number as soon as possible!
How do you check to make sure your cell phone number is correct, or add it to the Co-op’s database?
- Use the My Co-op app – search for Flathead Electric on the App Store.
- Log into your account via the Co-op’s website: flatheadelectric.com.
- Call the Co-op at 406-751-4483, Monday through Friday, during business hours.
Take these steps BEFORE the next outage! Text messages are the best way to stay updated during an outage.
More information – including an extensive FAQ that Co-op staff will continue to update as we all get comfortable with this new outage tool – is available in our Outage Center.
There’s much more coming with the new website than just improved outage communication tools. We’ll share more in the next issue of Light Reading!