How much can I borrow?

The maximum loan amount is $10,000. If the owner(s) have more than one active loan, the combination of all residential loans is capped to $10,000.

How does the Co-op determine approval and qualifying amounts for loans?

Flathead Electric Cooperative (FEC) uses a comprehensive decision matrix that takes into account the amount of the loan, your FEC Credit Rating, credit bureau scores, and the number of liens outstanding on the property.

Eligibility Criteria

  • The project qualifies for a rebate.
  • Owner(s) account is current. No past due balances or outstanding payment arrangements.
  • Owner(s) FEC Credit Rating. Approval requires 9 points or less within the last 12 months.
  • For all loans over $1000: Owner(s) Credit Score. Approval requires scores above 600.
How long after the work is completed before the check is issued?

This time varies depending on the length of time it takes the Approved Installer and owner to arrange for final inspection, if necessary, and provide all necessary documentation. Once FEC approves completion of the project the check will be issued within 30 days.

Why must all owners and spouses sign the participation application and loan agreement?

Your Co-op's loan fund is a “fixed” pool of money. Because these loans are low-interest, each time there is loss due to default, bankruptcy, or foreclosure, that “fixed” pool is reduced by that amount.

As listed owner of a property, you have an interest in that property. Your Co-op requires all persons who have an interest in the property to sign the participation application and loan agreement for the following reasons:

  1. to ensure that all property owners are informed;
  2. to ensure that the obligation will be paid if anything happens to the primary applicant
  3. to ensure continued viability of the loan pool.
Do I have to be the owner of the property?

Yes. FEC will only loan money to the property owner(s) of record, unless you are the legally designated agent for the homeowner (i.e. Trusts, Wills, and Power of Attorney). In that case, you will be required to provide legal documentation to substantiate the designation.