Applications are open October 1 - October 31.
Each year, Flathead Electric Cooperative partners with the Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association to send two to three local students to Washington, D.C. for “Youth Tour.” Applications are open now through October 31. This year’s essay topic is: If you could have dinner with one prominent Washington, D.C., figure, whether from the present or past, who would that person be and why? What would you ask them?
Electric cooperatives across the country send about 1,500 high-school students to Youth Tour to learn about the history of this country and the role electric cooperatives played in that history. Students visit many national treasures in D.C. and have the chance to meet with their congressional delegation.
Using unclaimed capital credits, Flathead Electric Co-op funds two to three “all-expenses-paid” trips for high school sophomores or juniors from schools in the Co-op’s service territory.
Here is what you need to know for this year’s Youth Tour:
- Applicants must be regularly enrolled or homeschooled high school sophomores or juniors from schools within the Co-op’s service territory.
- Bigfork High School
- Columbia Falls High School
- Flathead High School
- Glacier High School
- Libby High School
- Stillwater Christian School
- Whitefish High School
- The applicant’s parent or guardian must be served by Flathead Electric Cooperative.
- Applications are open from October 1st - October 31.
- Youth Tour Orientation will take place June 14, 2024 in Great Falls.
- Winners will leave for D.C. June 15, 2024 and return to Great Falls June 21, 2024.
To learn more, please visit flatheadelectric.com/youthtour.