Three Seats on Co-op Board up for Election
Three seats on Flathead Electric Co-op’s Board of Trustees are up for election this year. Potential candidates must be members of the Co-op and must maintain primary residence within the district they represent.
Trustee seats up for election are currently held by:
- Stacey Schnebel – District # 1 (Columbia Falls to Essex);
- Steve Streich – District # 4 (Helena Flats, Columbia Falls Stage); and
- Gary Boe – District # 7 (Kalispell, South of Highway 2).
A district map showing exact boundaries is available on the Flathead Electric website.
Nominating petitions are due no later than March 14. Eligible candidates will be added to the ballot. Completed nominating petitions require:
- 25 signatures from Co-op members who also live in the candidate’s district;
- A high-resolution photograph to be used on the ballot insert; and
- Candidate’s biography (100 words or fewer) to be used on the ballot insert.
Board of Trustees candidates will have the opportunity to give a three-minute speech to the membership at the Annual Meeting on April 23.
For the first time, Co-op Members may choose to vote electronically thanks to a bylaw change passed by Co-op members last year. Mailed ballots will go out April 21 and electronic ballots will be available on April 23. Members who wish to opt-out of their mailed paper ballots may do so on the Co-op’s website.