Thinking about building a new home or structure that will need new electrical service?
The following information is provided to help avoid any problems in providing electric service. The member should also contact telephone and TV utilities before construction. The member is also required to provide a minimum clear zone of 10-feet in front of all padmount transformers and switchgear. No shrubbery or other obstruction is allowed around this equipment. Learn more about electrical equipment on your property.
What to Consider
- Is this line extension overhead or underground?
- Will this line extension include a metered service?
- What is the approximate distance (in feet) from our nearest facility to your new service location?
- What will be your service size (amps, KW total connected load)?
- Where will your meter base be located?
- Find out what rebates are available for new homes.
A non-refundable deposit will be required before an engineer appointment is scheduled:
- Contact Flathead Electric Co-op for deposit information and to schedule an engineering appointment.
- The deposit will be applied to the cost of the job should you decide to proceed.
In order to provide a job cost, the locations of the following will be needed at the time of the engineering appointment:
- Property Corners
- Septic and drain field
- Preferred transformer location
- Preferred meter location
Please be sure that the property address is visible on site so the engineer can find it. Once an engineering appointment has been completed the following will need to be returned to Flathead Electric before setting a construction date:
- Line Extension Costs
- R/W Easements
- Electrical Permit
- Application for Service
- 1 Year Utility Credit History
Things commonly provided by Flathead Electric include all primary wire and the service wires from our facilities. Please reference the Service Reference Manuals listed below for more information.
Work order scheduling is based upon the release date from engineering. For inquiries regarding construction schedules, please contact our operations department at least one week after your job has been released.