Montana’s Largest Red Cross Blood Drive
In response to the critical need for blood in our community and beyond, Flathead Electric Co-op is planning to host the largest Red Cross Blood Drive in the state of Montana on September 13 and 14. Something of this magnitude takes some major planning, so we we’re getting our ducks in a row early by gauging the interest from potential donors in our community. Please help us succeed by adding your name to the list below.
Why sign up as a potential donor? We’ve got 5 good reasons for you.
- Save someone’s life: Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs blood. Your one donation can save as many as three people’s lives.
- Be part of something BIG: We’re talking making Montana history here, people. How many chances will you have to be part of something this cool?
- Maintain your health: Who knew? Giving blood has major health benefits for the donor like preserved cardiovascular health, reducing your risk of cancer, and burning up to 650 calories in a single donation. Many doctors even prescribe blood donations to their patients.
- Win an awesome prize: Those who sign up to donate for the drive will be entered to win some great prizes (we’ll tell you more as we get closer).
- Because we can all do better: Although an estimated 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood at any given time, less than 10 percent of that eligible population actually do each year.
Sign up as an interested donor
Think you may be interested in being a donor during Montana’s largest Red Cross blood drive? Please complete this form, and we will send you more information as the event gets closer. (Don’t worry… you’re not committing to anything now. You’re just telling us that you’re interested so we can keep you in the loop.)