System Dispatcher Vacancy
Flathead Electric Cooperative, Inc., is currently accepting applications for the position of System Dispatcher at our Kalispell location.
Duties: Dispatch the operation of transmission and distribution station facilities and lines in the designated area, to include switching and clearances. Maintain the following: transmission and distribution maps and records, switching and hold records, and crew location records. Dispatch trouble and emergencies. Provide direction to the dispatching staff when necessary. Perform other related duties.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Job Related Experience: Ten years electric utility experience in transmission, distribution, and substation dispatching. Requires radio and SCADA systems knowledge. Must be recognized by I.B.E.W. as a Journeyman Dispatcher.
Supervision: Supervisory experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Must be comfortable with computers; be familiar with electronic data processing programs and procedures.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must hold a current Montana driver’s license and be insurable.
• Must present a professional appearance at all times.
• Must have excellent customer relations/service skills and be able to relate one-on-one; be a team player and able to work with all types of people; able to handle constant interruption.
• Must have a proven track record of excellent attention to detail, and the ability to focus and make appropriate decisions when dealing with emergencies, stress and/or deadlines.
• This position is required to join the Union and is covered under the Basic Agreement between F.E.C. and the IBEW Local #768.
• Ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, display initiative, exercise good judgment and decision making, maintain confidentiality, and be motivated to get things done in a timely manner.
• Effective written communications skills and legible handwriting.
• Able to travel occasionally out-of-area and overnight.
Applicants must meet all the job requirements on the attached job description and adhere to all policies of the Cooperative.
This position is being posted internally and externally. Application materials should be submitted directly to the Human Resource Office no later than 5:00pm March 30, 2017.
Questions should be directed to Suzie Wrbelis, Human Resources Generalist, at 751-4408. Applicants may apply online at flatheadelectric.com or in person at our Kalispell office or the Flathead Job Service.
- Job ID
- Current Openings
- This is a full time union position with a wage of $45.93/hr.
- March 17, 2017
- March 30, 2017