Download the full Service Mechanic Job Description (PDF)
Flathead Electric Cooperative, Inc., is currently accepting applications for a Service Mechanic at our Kalispell location.
Duties: Responsible to do preventive and predictive maintenance on all transportation and heavy mobile equipment. May have the opportunity to take classes to advance to the mechanic level. The current schedule for this position is 10 hour shifts, M, T, Th, F.
Prerequisite Skills and Experience: Must have, or be able to obtain, a current Commercial Driver’s License within 30 days. Prior equipment servicing and truck driving experience preferred. Individuals may be required to meet a passing score on mechanical comprehension testing. Basic electrical knowledge and math skills are preferred. Consideration will be given for training certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or comparable certification.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Job Related Experience:
Computer Skills: Experience with personal computers and hand held devices preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Able to work 40 hours a week, in a non-traditional 4/10 schedule, with overtime time as required.
• Must present a professional appearance at all times.
• Must be able to obtain a First Aid and CPR certificate (training provided by F.E.C.)
• Effective verbal communications skills; legible handwriting; good customer service skills.
• Occasional out-of-area travel which can include several days of overnight stay.
• Work schedule as defined by the Union contract, with overtime as required.
• This position is required to join the Union and is covered under the Basic Agreement between F.E.C. and the IBEW Local 768.
Applications may be submitted to the Human Resources Office in our Kalispell location (2510 US Hwy 2 East), to the Flathead Job Service, or on-line at www.flatheadelectric.com. Interested parties may contact Suzie Wrbelis at 406-751-4408 for additional information.
FEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Job ID
- Current Openings
- This is a full time union position with a starting wage of $21.91/hour with step increases every six months leading to $24.31/hour after one year.
- October 8, 2018
- October 22, 2018