Power Supply Analyst
Flathead Electric Cooperative, Inc., is currently accepting applications for the position of Power Supply Analyst.
Download the full position description: Power Supply Analyst Job Description
This is a full time exempt position.
Duties: Validate monthly power and transmission invoices, and prepare facility use invoices. Update and maintain power requirement studies, power cost model and economic-statistical modeling. Support the development of the Cost of Service Analysis (COSA), rates, and rate schedules. Assist in analyzing regulatory issues, power supply proposals, local generation, and pending state and federal regulations. Maintain the storage of regulatory, transmission and power supply documentation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in a business or economics related field with the successful completion of course work in mathematics, economics, statistics, finance or an equivalent 10 years of practical experience in a field that focused on applying mathematics, economics, computer spreadsheets, statistical programs and/or financial principles.
Job Related Experience: Prefer 3 years utility experience in performing analytical and/or regulatory work.
Computer Skills: Proficient on personal computer with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
• Able to work 40 hours a week, with overtime as required.
• Must present a professional appearance at all times.
• Must possess effective verbal and written communications skills and present information in an understandable format; demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team; and must be self-motivated and willing to accept responsibility.
• Must have excellent reasoning and deductive skills; demonstrated ability to perform complex quantitative analyses on a wide variety of issues and unrelated tasks; and must have the ability to develop, utilize and review complex spreadsheets.
• Must possess a balance of advanced professional level accounting, analytical skills and advanced knowledge of utility regulatory, rate making, financial planning and power supply issues; and must be able to comprehend and analyze complex regulatory and contractual issues.
• Must meet tight deadlines; and provide timely recommendations, supporting explanations and analyses of difficult and controversial issues for management.
• Able to maintain complete confidentiality.
• Able to travel occasionally out-of-area and overnight.
This position is being posted both internally and externally and will remain open until 5:00 p.m. July 06, 2018. No applications will be accepted after that date.
Qualified applicants must submit a completed Flathead Electric application to our Kalispell office, the Kalispell Job Service, or via our website by the closing date. Applicants may contact Suzie Wrbelis, Human Resource Generalist, at 751-4408 for additional information or questions about this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity: With respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, it is the policy of Flathead Electric Cooperative to prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, or disability, except where reasonable demands of the job require a distinction to be made. All personnel actions or programs will be administered in a non-discriminatory manner. Accordingly, all employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO).
- Job ID
- Job Posting #18-004
- Current Openings
- Wage DOE with an excellent benefits package.
- June 21, 2018
- July 06, 2018