Download the full Payroll Administrator Job Description (PDF)
Flathead Electric Cooperative, Inc., is currently accepting applications for a Payroll Administrator in our Kalispell office.
Duties: Responsible for overall administration of the F.E.C. payroll and related accounting.
Prerequisite Skills and Experience
Education: College degree (Associates or Bachelors) in Accounting or applicable field of study preferred.
Job Related Experience: 2-3 years of payroll administrative experience preferred, including responsibility for regulatory and tax compliance.
Computer Skills: Proficient on 10-key and computer, to include Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates & Licenses: American Payroll Association CPP certification and, if not in possession at time of hire, must obtain be obtained within 2 years of accepting the position of Payroll Administrator.
• Able to work 40 hours a week, with additional time as required.
• Must present a professional appearance at all times.
• Must be able to travel occasionally out-of-town and overnight.
• Must possess effective verbal and written communications skills, including:
Good member/customer service skills
Ability to handle difficult situations
Ability to effectively work with a team
• Able to satisfactorily pass any job relevant testing which directly relates to the requirements of the position, if requested.
• Must be organized, accurate, and give strong attention to detail.
• Able to effectively coordinate and follow office processes and procedures.
• Proven ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
• Prefer experience with the NISC payroll system.
Applications should be submitted directly to the Kalispell Job Service or the Human Resource Office, Flathead Electric Cooperative, 2510 US Hwy 2 East, Kalispell, MT 59901. They may also be submitted on-line at flatheadelectric.com. Applicants may contact Tia Robbin, Director of Human Resources at (406) 751-4411 with any questions.
FEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Job ID
- Current Openings
- This is a full-time exempt position. Wage DOE with an excellent benefits package.
- June 17, 2019
- June 28, 2019