Journeyman Tree Trimmer
Download the full Journeyman Tree Trimmer Job Description (PDF)
Flathead Electric Cooperative, Inc., is currently accepting applications for a Journeyman Tree Trimmer in our Kalispell office.
Duties: Provide efficient and safe tree trimming and brush clearing work around and near FEC rights-of-way for distribution and transmission of electrical service. This involves working around and near both energized and de-energized power lines and electrical equipment at all voltage levels.
Prerequisite Skills and Experience:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Job Related Experience: Must be a Journeyman Tree Trimmer.
Computer Skills: Experience with personal computers and hand held devices preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Able to work 40 hours a week, with additional time as required.
• Must present a professional appearance at all times.
• Must be able to obtain a First Aid and CPR certificate (training provided by F.E.C.) and
become proficient at tree top rescue.
• Able to carry and use a 25 lb. chain/circle saw for extended time and maneuver tree limbs
weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Must have the ability to stand in a tree while working, often in awkward positions.
• Feed tree branches, etc., into a chipping machine.
• Accept duty calls, as needed, day or night, seven days per week.
• Effective verbal communications skills; legible handwriting; good customer service
• Occasional out-of-area travel which can include several days of overnight stay.
• Work schedule as defined by the Union contract, with overtime as required.
• This position is required to join the Union and is covered under the Basic Agreement
between F.E.C. and the IBEW Local 768.
Applications may be submitted to the Human Resources Office in our Kalispell location (2510 US Hwy 2 East), to the Flathead Job Service, or online. Interested parties may contact Suzie Wrbelis at 406-751-4408 for additional information.
FEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Job ID
- Current Openings
- This is a full time union position with a starting wage of $33.99/hour.
- October 4, 2018
- October 17, 2018