G.I.S. Data Specialist
Download the full job description: G.I.S. Data Specialist
Duties: Responsible for the maintenance and production of Flathead Electric Cooperative’s digital maps and correlated records of the Cooperative’s G.I.S. system.
• Must have a working knowledge of the personal computer and be well versed in Microsoft operating systems.
• Must have training and/or experience with Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of database structure.
• Requires Associates Degree or equivalent G.I.S. experience in a utility/engineering environment.
• Experience with ESRI based G.I.S. system preferred.
• Working knowledge of GPS equipment preferred.
• Must be able to relate one-on-one; needs to be a team player.
• Must be motivated to get things done in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Must have proven track record for thoroughness, attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability.
• Must have a current Montana driver’s license and be insurable.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills.
• This position is required to join the Union and is covered under the Basic Agreement between F.E.C. and the IBEW Local 768.
• Able to travel occasionally out-of-area and overnight.
1. Able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours a day using a computer, telephone, etc.
2. Able to walk and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day over all types of terrain and in all types of weather conditions; must be able to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
3. Must be able to drive a vehicle for up to 10 hours a day on occasional trips.
This position is being posted internally and externally and will remain open until September 28, 2017. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Application packages are available at the Kalispell Job Service, online or may be picked up at our Kalispell location. Applicants may contact Suzie Wrbelis, Human Resources Generalist at 406-751-4408 for additional information.
Flathead Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job ID
- Current Openings
- This is a full time union position with a starting wage of $19.10/hour with step increases every six months leading to $22.88/hour after 24 months
- September 15, 2017
- September 28, 2017