Distribution Designer I
Download the full Distribution Designer I Job Description
Flathead Electric Cooperative, Inc., is currently accepting applications for a Distribution Designer I in our Kalispell office. This is a full time, non-union position.
Duties: Entry level distribution design position. Responsible for the design of new construction single phase service drops (100-320 amps), residential upgrades and changes of services, installation and replacement of street/yard lights, meter and single phase pole change outs.
Prerequisite Skills and Experience:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Job Related Experience: 2 years utility industry experience.
Computer Skills: Must have a working knowledge of the personal computer and be well versed in Microsoft operating systems relating to the Utility industry.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Able to work 40 hours a week, with additional time as required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
• Professional personal appearance at all times even though dress is casual.
• Demonstrated knowledge/ability in the following: general mathematics and physics with emphasis on algebra and trigonometry; work effectively with associates, contractors and members; able to collect and organize data from a variety of sources.
• Needs to be a team player and able to work with all types of people.
• Must be self-directed and motivated to get things done timely without direct supervision.
• Effective written communications skills and legible handwriting.
• Able to adequately pass the job-relevant testing which directly relates to the requirements above.
• Able to travel occasionally out-of-area and overnight.
This position is being posted internally and externally until 5:00pm July 26, 2018.
All interested employees must submit a letter of interest and any supporting documentation online or directly to the Human Resource Office by the closing date.
Applicants may Suzie Wrbelis at 751-4408 for additional information or questions about this position.
FEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Job ID
- Job Posting #18-006
- Current Openings
- Wage DOE.
- July 12, 2018
- July 26, 2018