3 seats on Flathead Electric Co-op’s Board of Trustees are up for election this year.
3 seats on Flathead Electric Co-op’s Board of Trustees are up for election this year. Potential candidates must be natural persons, members of the Co-op, and must maintain primary residence within the district they seek to represent.
Trustee seats up for election are currently held by:
- Duane Braaten – District # 6 (West Valley, Marion)
- Jerry Bygren – District # 8 (Bigfork)
- Terry Crooks – District # 9 (Libby)
Nominating petitions are due March 13. Eligible candidates will be added to the ballot. Completed nominating petitions require:
- 25 signatures from Co-op members who also live in the candidate’s district;
- A high-resolution photograph to be used on the ballot insert; and
- Candidate’s biography (100 words or fewer) to be used on the ballot insert.
Board of Trustees candidates will have the opportunity to give a three-minute speech to the membership at the Flathead Electric Cooperative Annual Meeting on April 22. Paper ballots will be mailed on April 20. Electronic ballots will be available via e-mail and members’ online accounts on April 24.