Flathead Electric Cooperative developed the Meter Consolidation Loan Program to assist members who currently have multiple meters at one location and would like to consolidate to just one meter.
- We will loan you up to $2,000 for eligible expenses associated with your project.
- This is a 0% interest loan with a maximum term of 48 months.
Example of how it works
In this example you would have 40 monthly payments, or you could choose to pay it back more quickly.
- You have 2 meters:
- one on your house is residential with the associated monthly basic charge.
- In addition, you have a meter on your pump house, shop, garage, etc., which is general service with a higher monthly basic charge.
- You may be able to eliminate the Co-op’s service at the second meter and feed that location from your house meter.
- If the cost to remove the second meter provide and service from the house meter is $1,200 we would loan you that amount and you could pay it back at the minimum monthly payment of $30.00.
Details and terms:
- Maximum Loan Amount: Total of project cost but no more than $2,000. (You must provide receipts.)
- Interest Rate: 0%.
- Minimum Payment: $30.00
- Maximum Term: 48 months
- Funding level: 200,000 available on a first come first served basis.
- Timetable: Calendar year 2011.
For more information see our Meter Consolidation Loan Program Form (PDF) or contact our staking department at 406-751-4495.