Commercial Lighting New Construction
This program applies to lighting systems in commercial, industrial, and agricultural new construction facilities. For instance, all commercial and industrial facilities, plus wineries, potato storage sheds, pump houses, office space, and other on-farm facilities.
The process is fairly simple but certain requirements do have to be met. In a nutshell, the most important points are as follows:
- The new construction must be served by Flathead Electric Cooperative.
- You or your lighting supplier must fill out the Commercial Lighting Rebate Application Form and Agreement. Your rebate must be approved by Flathead Electric Cooperative prior to the measures being installed.
- The Lighting installation must be new construction.
- An overall lighting wattage reduction of 20% from code allowance must be achieved for the project to qualify for a rebate. This must be demonstrated through the use of a Com Check worksheet for the proposed project.
- Flathead Electric Cooperative will pay the lesser of 70% of the incremental project cost or the calculated rebate based upon the kilowatt hour reduction. The incremental project cost is the increase in cost due to more efficient lighting compared to that required by code.
If you are interested in this program, please contact Mike Stahlberg at Flathead Electric, 406-751-1876.
You my print out the application form below and deliver or fax it to Mike. He will help with the details of the program.