Washington, D.C. Youth Tour
About Youth Tour
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. sends more than 1,500 high-school students to Washington, D.C. each year to learn about the history of this country and the role electric cooperatives played in that history, and to meet with their congressional delegation. Montana sends more than 25 students each year to participate in the Youth tour at no cost to those students.
Using unclaimed capital credits, Flathead Electric Co-op funds two to three “all-expense paid” trips to Washington, D.C. Youth Tour each year to high school sophomores or juniors from schools in the Flathead Electric service territory. The student’s parent or guardian must be served by the Co-op.
2022 Youth Tour
Here is what you need to know for this year’s tour.
- The applicants must be high school sophomores or juniors from schools within the Co-op’s service territory
- The applicant’s parent or guardian must be served by Flathead Electric Cooperative.
- Applications to join the 2022 Youth Tour are open from October 1st until November 15th.
- Youth Tour Orientation will take place June 18th, 2022 in Great Falls.
- Winners will leave for Washington D.C. on June 19th and return to Great Falls on June 25th, 2022.
This application is closed. Please check back Oct. 2022.
Youth Tour Perspectives
Students selected often describe the trip as a “once in a lifetime opportunity.” Click the buttons below to read about the highlights, as told by past participants.