Board of Trustees District #4 Vacancy
With the resignation of Flathead Electric Cooperative (FEC) Trustee for District #4 Doug Grob, the Flathead Electric Board of Trustees is now accepting applications for a District #4 representative to serve until the next annual meeting in 2022 at which time a Trustee from District #4 will be elected by the members. Online applications are being accepted through February 26 at 5 p.m.
Per Article VI, Section 3 of the FEC Bylaws, any person shall be eligible to become or remain a Trustee who:
- Is a member of the Cooperative and is not otherwise disqualified;
- Maintains primary residence within the district which he or she represents; and
- Is a natural person.
District #4 includes Helena Flats and Columbia Falls Stage. Review the FEC District Map.
Per Article VI, Section 4 of the FEC Bylaws, a member shall not qualify for the office of Trustee or shall become disqualified to serve as a Trustee if:
- The member has been an employee of the Cooperative for any length of time within the immediately preceding seven (7) years;
- The member or a member of his or her immediate family is, or becomes, an employee of the Cooperative;
- The member Trustee fails to attend three (3) monthly meetings of the Board in a calendar year without approval of the Board;
- A conflict of interest exists which includes but is not limited to situations in which the Board candidate or member:
- Is employed by, is an agent of, or is an immediate family member of an employee or agent of the Cooperative;
- Is employed by or materially affiliated with any other Trustee;
- Regularly and directly competes with the Cooperative or any entity that the Cooperative controls or in which the Cooperative owns a majority interest;
- Owns an interest greater than 10% or holds a management position in a business wherein more than ten percent (10%) of the goods or services sold are sold to the Cooperative or one of its subsidiaries, or combination thereof.
Interested parties should carefully review the following FEC Board Policies to ensure they can meet the expectations of serving as an FEC Trustee:
FEC Trustees must be willing and able to give the time to prepare for and attend monthly and other meetings of the Board; state, regional and national association meetings; and Trustee training and education. The following sample calendar outlines the minimum annual commitments of a Trustee. This list is not all inclusive, but intended to give an idea of the schedule:
Each FEC Trustee is expected to attain their Credentialed Cooperative Director Certificate (CCD) within 18 months of being elected.
According to Board Policy, a Selection Committee consisting of three Trustees and three members at-large from District #4 will make recommendations to the Board on a Trustee from the submitted applications.
- Applications must be submitted online by February 26 at 5 p.m.
- Interviews with selected finalists will begin March 10.
- The final decision and Trustee appointment will be made no later than March 23.
How to Apply
Complete the online application by February 26 at 5 p.m. to be considered for the position.Apply Now
For assistance or with questions, contact Elizabeth Nelson at 751-4444 or by email.