Residential Demand Charge Bill Calculator
The revenue neutral (0% increase) rate adjustment for residential members will be effective in June 2021, and will include the following changes:
- Energy Charge = Decreased by 2.1% for all usage blocks to $0.0628/kWh for first 600 kWh, $0.0748/kWh for 601-3,500 kWh, and $0.1079/kWh for 3,501 and over kWh (based on number of kWh used for the rate period)
- Demand Charge = Increased from $0.56 to $0.88/kW (based on highest usage during FEC’s peak hours)
- Basic Charge = No Change
Some residential members will pay a little less, and some will pay a little more, depending on the demand they require during peak periods. Our rate calculator will let you see exactly how this new rate structure will impact your bill.
How to use the calculator:
- Use any of your FEC bills issued between March 2020 and May 2021.
- Find your kWh usage and kW Demand listed on your bill, and enter those figures into the top two fields below.
- Click “Calclulate.”
- In the table below, you’ll see how you’re currently billed, as well as what your new bill amount would be with the new rate structure.
- This calculator is for residential single phase service only. If you have a three phase service, add $12.57 to the basic charge.
- Cooke City members are not subject to the residential demand charge.