Flex Pay: Terms of Service
Maintaining my Flex Pay account:
- Electrical payments of any amount can be made 24/7 via my online account, the My Co-op mobile app, Pay-by-Phone, or at kiosks located at the Kalispell and Libby offices. Payments can also be made in-person during regular business hours.
- If my Flex Pay account reaches a zero balance I will be choosing to disconnect my electrical service at 10 a.m. the next day. To avoid disconnection, I must make a payment to bring my account current before 9 a.m.
- In accordance with Disconnect Policy MS 125, my electrical service will not be disconnected if: the Cooperative has received confirmation of my pending funding from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) or other energy assistance; the overnight temperature on the day of disconnect is predicted to be 15 degrees or colder (per NOAA); or on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays recognized by the Cooperative: New Year’s day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas day.
As a Flex Pay participant:
- I will no longer receive a printed bill. I can sign up to receive email or text alerts about my account balance through my online account.
- I am subject to all other applicable service fees.
- If I rent, my landlord will be notified that I’ve selected the Flex Pay payment method and may be notified of pending disconnects.
- The monthly basic charge will be prorated and applied to my account daily.
- I am not eligible for payment arrangements.
- If my service is disconnected due to a negative balance, the prorated basic charge will continue to accrue on a daily basis.
Converting to or from a Flex Pay account:
- If I’m converting from a traditional account to Flex Pay, I need to pay for my usage up to my current meter reading. If I have a deposit, it will be applied toward any outstanding balance with any remainder being applied to my new Flex Pay account.
- If I’m converting from Flex Pay to a traditional account, a full deposit may be required.
If I move:
- If I’m no longer responsible for billing of service at my location, I must contact Flathead Electric to notify them. Until then, the prorated basic charge will continue to accrue on my Flex Pay account each day.